THE SEX WORK AUTONOMOUS COMMITTEE (SWAC) IS AN AUTONOMOUS POLITICAL ORGANIZATION PROJECT INITIATED BY SWrs BASED IN MONTREAL. WE ADVOCATE FOR THE DECRIMINALIZATION OF SEX WORK AND THE IMPROVEMENT OF OUR WORKING CONDITIONS. SWAC IS AN ORGANIZATIONAL SPACE IN WHICH ALL SWrs ARE WELCOME, REGARDLESS OF THEIR WORKPLACE, WHETHER IT IS A MASSAGE PARLOUR, STRIP CLUB, THE STREET, ONLYFANS, ETC.
– The recognition of sex work as work and the need to decriminalize it in order to obtain the same labor rights as other workers;
– The recognition that sex work takes place within a capitalist, neo-colonial and cishetero-patriarchal system; the recognition that women, racialized people, trans/queer/gender non-conforming people, migrants and people with disabilities are over-represented in sex work, due in part to the barriers to employment and good jobs in the capitalist system;
– The self-representation of SWrs and their right to talk about their own realities, and non-hierarchical self-organization that allows the implementation of direct responses and actions;
– The mobilization of our colleagues in our workplace is the basis of organizing towards better conditions;
– Autonomy from government institutions and other institutional donors.